When I look for a particular recipe, I want it to be the easiest possible.
When searching for the perfect bread recipe, I saw words like “Dutch oven”, instant yeast, 24 rising period, include honey and I knew there had to be a quick, easy way to make fresh, homemade bread that didn’t take 24 hours.
Behold! The easiest and tastiest homemade bread! I’m still mastering the shape of the bread but the taste is fantastic!
What You Will Need:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
- 3 1/2 – 4 1/2 cups Flour (I used 3/12 and it turned out perfect)
- Corn meal and garlic powder (optional)
1. Combine the water, salt and yeast in a glass bowl. Let sit for 5-10 mins.
2. Next, add the flour. I used just regular white (all purpose) flour. I started off with 3 1/2 cups and it was perfect. If you need more (because dough is sticky, definately add more).
3. Form the dough into a loaf shape. I formed the dough on the pan in a loaf shape and the covered the dough with a damp towel for 20 minutes.
4. Before you place dough in oven, cut small slits at the top and bake for 16-20 minutes. Set the oven to 400 degrees.
* I usually put corn meal (just a pinch) on the cookie sheet before I put the dough on, so that when the bread forms, it adds more of a crusty flavour.
This bread with take you less then an hour to make. I even added a small amount of Garlic Powder at the top of the dough to add a bit of flavouring.