This is one of my favourite meals to eat at home! Please enjoy and let me know what you think!
- 1 pkg flat rice noodles (I used a little less then half the pack)
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 pkg of uncooked shrimp (You can also add chicken or for a vegetarian option, tofu)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 3 green onions , chopped
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanut
- 2 limes (optional)
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro , chopped (optional)
For the Pad Thai sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons fish sauce ( I didn’t include this when I made it, but you can)
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 5 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar (I used sesame oil instead and it tasted great too)
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, just until tender. Rinse under cold water after cooked.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, chicken or tofu, garlic and bell pepper. The shrimp will cook quickly, about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until pink. If using chicken, cook until just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes, flipping only once.
- Push everything to one side of the pan. Add a little more oil and add the beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs, breaking them into small pieces with a spatula as they cook.
- Add noodles, sauce, bean sprouts and peanuts to the pan (reserving some peanuts for topping at the end). Toss everything together.
- Top with green onions, extra peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges. I also used sesame seeds as a topping as well!
Serve immediately when hot! 🙂