Because I wanted a healthy treat and was craving donuts and also because it’s Breast Cancer awareness month, I decided to make this very yummy and simple treat!
Big secret – the pink colour isn’t good colouring (because truthfully I didn’t have any) but it’s actually beet juice ( I directly poured from the jar). You cannot taste the juice at all, it really helps add a pop of colour.
Here is the recipe! Let me know how it turns out! 🙂
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (I have also used all purpose flour too and it turned out fine)
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbps stevia (or Sugar)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- t tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powderpinch of salt
1 tbsp powdered sugar with a couple of tsp of beet juice (optional pink flavour)
– Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
– Spray a donut pan with coconut oil.
– Whisk the egg and egg whites together. Add the almond milk, vanilla extract, and stir.
– In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients, then add to the wet ingredients.
– Spoon the batter into the donut molds.
– Bake for 23-25 minutes.
Allow the donuts to cool and then remove from the molds. I use two knives to help pop the Donuts from the mold.
OPTIONAL: Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the coconut oil to the pan. Allow the oil to become hot, about 2 minutes.
Add the donuts to the skillet and fry on each side for about 20-30 seconds.
Remove the donuts from the skillet and top with powdered sugar. I added powdered sugar with a tiny bit of beet juice. Toppings I used were Coconut Flakes and Sprinkles.