When I was younger, the thought of any kind of Brussels Sprouts would gross me out. I hated the taste, the smell and I never wanted to eat it.
Flash forward to now where I’m my 30’s and I have been eating extremely healthy and finding out that brussel sprouts really aren’t that bad with the right FLAVOUR! To me, it’s all about the flavour! Here is a recipe you will love and be addicted to! I like to pair my Brussels with Turkey/Chicken meatballs and a side of Purple Potatoes!
The two key ingredients in this recipe is the Honey and Kosher Salt!!
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp olive oil separated
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Trim off the outer dry leaves, cut the bottom off and slice sprouts lengthwise.
4. In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper.
5. Transfer the brussels sprouts to baking sheet and roast until tender and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
6. Place brussels sprouts back in bowl. Add remaining tablespoon olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey and toss to coat evenly.