I LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe. I have made it numerous times and have received a lot of compliments. It’s so addicting and delicious. There really is nothing better then this on a cold day! Sometimes I add cheese (cheddar or mozzarella), avocado and sour cream as a topping. I also highly reccomend you get some tortilla chips too! They accompany the chilli perfectly! I got this recipe from The Ambitious Kitchen blog, but added/omitted some of the food items she uses in her recipe!
I’m warning you now. It’s HEALTHY AND ADDICTING!
What You Will Need:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound (pkg) of extra lean ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium red bell pepper (chopped)
- 4 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt (can add more depending on how you like it)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cans red kidney beans ( I sometimes just use one and it’s still great. Make sure you rinse and drain them first)
- 1 can sweet corn (I sometimes include corn in this recipe)
- Toppings: Cheese, Avocado, Tortilla Chips, Cilantro, Sour Cream (All Optional)
1. Place oil in large pot and place over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, chopped red pepper. Sautée for 6-7 min.
2. Add ground turkey. Break up the meat until it’s no longer pink.
3. Add chilli powder, oregano, salt
4. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans, corn. Bring to a boil then reduce heat
5. Summer for 35-40 min. Chili will thicken.
You can thank me later! Here it is 🙂