This is my new favourite dessert for when I have a sweet tooth and want something chocolatey to eat! These are perfect for the person who needs to satisfy their sweet tooth but in a healthier way. It’s super easy and quick to make.
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Optional – sprinkle rolled oats (I like to for flavour/colour before I put the brownies in the oven).
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add chickpeas, maple syrup, peanut butter or almond butter, and vanilla to blender. Blend until smooth, and then add salt, baking powder, and baking soda, and blend again. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and spread cookie dough into an even layer. Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top. Optional – add rolled oats as a topping before baking.
Bake brownies at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until top is just beginning to slightly brown or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean.