There is just something about homemade, melt in your mouth Fried Chicken! This is one of my favourite comfort food recipes ever! Warning: It will be highly addicting and it’s okay to lick your fingers! I make this delicious, flavourful chicken all year round because it’s not only easy to make, but it just tastes so DAMN GOOD! I usually always pair the fried chicken with homemade garlic parm fries or a potato salad and a side garden salad! Gotta add the salad to make it a bit healthy ????
- 1 package of chicken wings
- 1 package of chicken thighs (can add more)
- 1 black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme (ground)
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper – optional
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 ½ quarts peanut oil or canola oil for frying
1. Toss together chicken pieces, black pepper, salt, paprika, rosemary, thyme, oregano, and cayenne in a large bowl to coat.
2. Stir in buttermilk until chicken is coated. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
3. Combine flour, salt, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large shallow dish.
4. Remove chicken from the buttermilk and dredge each piece in the seasoned flour. Shake off any excess and transfer to a plate.
5. Heat peanut oil or canola oil in a large, oiled stovetop pan. Add all the chicken if it fits to the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Turn chicken pieces and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove chicken from the oil and transfer to a cooling rack set over a paper towel lined baking sheet. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.