Here is my first post of 2018! One of my resolutions is to start posting more recipes and restaurant features, so I decided to start off with this incredible Pasta Carbonara recipe! This dish is SUPER simple and delicious. The smell of the garlic, parmigiano and bacon together will fill your kitchen and smell heavenly! I use all kinds of pasta to make this dish. The typical pasta to use is spaghetti but my personal favourites are linguine and penne (smaller size, not regular size).
What You Will Need:
- 1 package of dried spaghetti (I used small penne pasta because that’s all I had! :))
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese , plus extra to serve (The only Parmesan cheese I will buy is from Homestyle Deli in Windsor.
- 3 slices of pancetta or bacon (cut into tiny cubes)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Butter (a small cube)
1. Place the egg yolks into a bowl, finely grate in the Parmesan, season with a little bit of black pepper, then mix well with a fork and put to one side.
2. Cut the pancetta (bacon) and set aside.
3. Cook the spaghetti in a pan of boiling salted water until cooked. I like mine al dente! 🙂
4. Add 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat and a small cube of butter. Add garlic (I use a garlic press) to the pan. Stir in the pancetta (bacon) then cook until it starts to crisp up.
5. Add the cooked spaghetti or pasta of your choice. Toss well over the heat.
6. Add in the egg mixture – the pan will help to cook the egg,Toss well.
Serve hot adding a bit more Parmesan sprinkled on top of your dish!